Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Result of 11 Second Club July competition

Click picture or HERE to watch clip or click HERE to see comeents.

I got 5.77 Stars and 12nd out of 161 entries!!!!! Awesome!

The part even better is I got a lot of comments which are very objective and helpful. Its alway good to get some fresh eyes and something different points of view. I think that will be the biggest reason I joined the competition.

There are many things they point out and I can't agree them any more,

*Stiffness on face.
*Need more work on lip-sync.
*Stiffness on body.
*Need more emphasize or accent the dialogue, such as "He has a gift".
* more and more...

You guys really got me, aren't you? ;-P

I think in this animation, I afraid to fall in Cliche trap, so that I forget, as an animator, we still need to give character the entertaining value, even its subtle. If I can do it again, I might need to shot the reference and try to chatch more details, especially for a subtle clip like this, I need more details to support character and avoid stiffness.

For facial polishing, I know, I think that is the biggest part I'm lacking. That is also the reason I want to do more practices.

Thank you all to point out want I need and I appreciate all comments.

6 comments:

Marcelo said...

Good job, man! Your stuff is always up a level from all of us!

Anand said...

congratulations man, Great job !!! may the force be with you....

Aziz Kocanaogullari said...

可怕的!

shiva said...

My god!! you got famous!!

Erik Lee said...

no, man, far away from famous...still long long way to go...

Jorge Ruiz said...

i like the fact that even though u are famous u keep urself together in a very humble way